West Farm is a stone farmhouse built in 1874 for the Estate of St John's College, Oxford. It is set in a spacious and tranquil garden at the edge of the quiet hamlet of Eaton, 6 miles from Oxford and 4 miles from Abingdon.
There are some lovely walks on the farm, some of the fields have frontage onto the Thames and make memorable picnic sites. Fishing on the Thames is also available and we are just a few miles from Farmoor Reservoir which has excellent sailing facilities. For the golfer, there are several good courses nearby, along with many good eating pubs locally, and some excellent restaurants for special occasions in Oxford itself.
We have two double en-suite rooms, both recently renovated to a high standard.
They have been decorated in soft, relaxing colours and furnished with beautiful cherry wood suites including generous sized dressing tables. The curtains have black-out linings and the windows also have opaque blinds for privacy in daylight.
There is ample lighting which has been designed to provide a soothing ambience.
Special care has been taken to ensure a comfortable night's sleep:
- Vi-Spring mattresses
- Egyptian cotton bed linen with a 400 thread count
- Silk-filled duvets
Each room has a flat screen digital TV, DVD player, a digital radio with an i-pod dock, tea and coffee making facilities and a selection of books and magazines.
The Blue Room
The Blue Room is east-facing with views over the garden and front paddock. It has a spacious light bathroom with a deep cast-iron bath and a power shower. The large window in the bathroom has a view down the valley and, as it is west-facing, catches some beautiful sunsets.
Garden View is south-facing with, as you may guess, views over the garden and across the fields towards the neighbouring village of Appleton. The bed in this room is king size. It has an en-suite shower room with a power shower in a spacious enclosure.
Breakfasts are served in the south facing dining room which has also been recently refurbished. Pride is taken in the quality of the ingredients of the breakfast and they are sourced locally where ever possible, however flavour always takes precedence over provenance.
Out & About
We are well located for Oxford City, Blenheim Palace, Kelmscott Manor, the Cotswolds, Burford Wildlife Park, Buscot Park and many more.
How to Find Us
- Take the A420 Oxford-Swindon road
- Turn off at Besselsleigh and go right through the village
- About 1 mile further on you will arrive at a T-junction with some cottages on your left - turn left here
- About 200 metres further on the road takes a sharp left, but here you need to cross the road to go straight on into Eaton
- West Farm is the first property on the left
You can also use our interactive location map to find us.
- 19th Century Stone Farmhouse
- Recently refurbished
- Located just 6 miles from Oxford
- Sailing, fishing a golf nearby
- Ample off-road parking
- Breakfasts cooked to order
- Spacious & tranquil garden
- Marvellous views
- 2 ensuite double rooms
- Pocket sprung mattresses
- Egyptian cotton bed linen
- Silk-filled duvets
- Power showers
- Flat screen digital TVs
- DVD players
- Digital radios with I-Pod docks
- Tea / coffee making facilities
- Selection of books & magazines
- £80.00 per room per night
- Two night minimum stay
- Debit cards accepted, credit cards accepted with a small surcharge of 2.5%